This document is about the doctrine of the New Apostolic Church (NAC)
- This page is NOT my opinion about the NAC. The points specified below represent the doctrine of the NAC in an direct and compact form. All points are from officially NAC documents - these documents are in German and found at my German pages.
- Whether the points are correct (theologically, biblically, from the viewpoint of others ...) would not be discussed here, I would like to represent only the doctrine.
- Please send me your commentary in English or German language. Sorry, if I do not answer everyone personally.
- I will change every point if you send me an official church document with an doctrine update
- I will not change a single point because some NAC members have a different opinion about it - I know that most NAC members know very little about the real NAC doctrine and history
Special doctrines of the NAC
1) The way:
- The NAC
is the only congregation which leads to God.
- Only in
the NAC are all necessary ministries and ministry gifts available.
- The NAC
is the only church in which the genuine doctrine of Jesus and the apostles is
- In the
beginning there was only one church, the apostolic church. After the death of
the last apostles, no further people could be saved. But since 1830 there has
been a new apostolic church (NAC) and thus again the possibility of being saved.
who did not live in the time of the original apostles could not go to heaven. (This
means all who lived before the birth of Jesus, everyone after the death of the
apostles, from the apostle John until 1830, e.g., Abraham, Martin Luther ... )
- The NAC
is the authentic continuation of the church created by Jesus. All other
communities were brought into being by humans.
- In all
other communities (Christian or non-Christian) there is a limited knowledge of
God, but it is not enough for salvation.
- All other
communities only speak of God; however in the NAC God Himself speaks.
- Today the
receiving of the Holy Ghost is possible only as a result of the Holy Sealing of
of sins is possible only in the NAC.
2) The Bible:
- The Bible
is the basis of the doctrine of the NAC.
- The Bible
clearly shows that the NAC is the authentic and only church of God.
apocrypha belongs in the Biblical text; also the books Esra III and Esra IV
among other things.
- Faith in
God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost and the word in the Bible, as well
as in a life hereafter is not sufficient. Without faith also in the Apostles of
the NAC redemption is not attainable.
- The Bible
is not the word of God for today. The correct interpretation of the Bible is
only possible by the Apostles of the NAC. Without the " making alive "
of the words of the Bible by the Apostles of the NAC, they are only dead letters.
The alive, fresh word of God is the proclamation by the Apostles of the NAC.
Apostles of the NAC can announce new, binding teachings or revelations. Thus,
the contents of the Bible are not sufficient on their own.
- If the Bible states something different from the teaching of the NAC, it is the teaching of the Apostles of the NAC that is valid for our time. God has extended or modified the Biblical teaching, e.g. His plan.
3) Apostles today:
- The Chief
Apostle has the same functions and authority as the first Chief Apostle (Peter).
- The Apostles of the NAC have the same functions and authority as the first Apostles under Jesus.
4) Co-worker / Administration Brothers / Ministries:
ministry position in the NAC cannot be achieved by study.
Apostles will be told by God who the right new Co-workers are.
ministry is unpaid. Only from a bishop up is payment possible. Apostles get a
large salary (amount is a secret) and expenses.
are always male.
congregation of the NAC is independent of the Chief Apostle.
decisions, e.g. service times, song books, activities etc. are made by the
have to make reports for their superiors about the conduct of services, youth
hours, house attendance and outsiders.
through a Co-worker's connection to his higher Co-worker is he connected to God.
An Apostle who does not follow the teaching of the Chief Apostle is no longer
considered an apostle.
- There is
no discussion about doctrinal uncertainties, but the next higher Co-worker makes
probability of prayer being answered increases with the level of ministry. I.e.
a normal member would have an Apostle pray for him.
- Many of the male, married members under the age of 60 are Co-workers. I.e. in addition to the services there is practical work each day (except Saturday, in some regions except Saturday and Friday) for the NAC. There are many Co-workers at different hierarchic
Jesus leads by the NAC to redemption, if
members fulfil the following conditions:
(only NAC baptism, or NAC-acknowledged
baptism is valid)
(giving the Holy Ghost by a living Apostle of the NAC)
-Regular, worthy, conscious participation in the communion celebration for forgiveness of
in the Apostles of the NAC as envoys of God and observance of their teachings,
which is 'Jesus' doctrine for today'. Thus the will of God and Jesus is obeyed.
Faithful members of the NAC ask advice before
all important decisions, e.g. job changes, engagement, marriage or residence
- All members are visited regularly at home. The next higher Co-worker is told all
- The ideal NAC member believes
everything that a Co-worker on behalf of God says unchecked, without necessarily
understanding or having only limited understanding, and without question.
- It is recommended that members give 10% of their income
as a donation to the NAC (no report is given to the members about how funds are
speaks directly only to the Chief Apostle. The Apostles "connect"
themselves with the Chief Apostle. A priest cannot preach without "connection"
with his Apostle.
in the NAC comes not from the human spirit of the priests, but from the Holy
Ghost. Preaching is impromptu, without preparation or notes, and is not
memorised. It is exactly suited to the present members and is 'the word of God
for our days'. Faith comes from this preaching.
- For all
preaching there are printed 'basic ideas' or verbal arrangements with the next
higher ranking person.
services a fixed dress code is prescribed (there may be regional variations)
jacket or suit, tie
- Office-holder: black suit, black tie
7) Dead cult:
death only people's bodies die; their spirits and souls continue to live in a
place which corresponds to life here on earth.
after death people can be saved. Deceased Co-workers and members of the NAC work
in the place of the dead ones.
deceased must fulfil the same conditions as living members of the NAC. They also
need to believe in the Apostles of the NAC and to receive baptism, holy sealing
and communion. From time to time Chief Apostle unlocks the place of the dead
ones. Deceased Apostles can only talk to the dead ones; 'saving' has to be done
on earth by living Apostles.
- Deceased members of the NAC participate in services. They take part in the communion all over the world every Sunday.
8) Relationship with the World:
world is a " misery valley ".
- The world is bad and
9) Criticism ability / co-operation:
revelations or promises of Co-workers of the NAC are not fulfilled, either they
understood God incorrectly or God modified His will. The word of a Co-worker,
connected with his Apostle, spoken on behalf of God, is always correct and the
Word of God
of the NAC should not attend services of other churches. No writings which are
directed against the NAC should be read. Writings given to members are to be
given to the responsible Co-worker. All types of religious or philosophical
books are to be avoided.
should be no criticism of the doctrine of the NAC either in private or in NAC
meetings. If a Co-worker obviously behaves falsely, then this is to be reported
to the next higher ranking person.
intellectual or theological areas the NAC co-operates with no other church.
- Modifications in the doctrine of the NAC do not mean that in former times something false was taught, but the Holy Ghost has revealed " new secrets ".
10) Culture / literature:
religious music only classical hymns and some 'German pop songs of the 19.
Century' are used.
compositions are to sound similar to these.
is almost no theological literature of the NAC.
are no NAC books about daily life issues.
- There are many picture books showing the Apostles and their journeys. It is recommended that pictures of the Chief Apostle and the Apostles be put up in member's